The Knockk application is a application where users sign up to … (‘Knockk’).
Knockk provides an easy way for users to discover, chat and participate in activities with people around their location. While Knockk strives to encourage a respectful user experience through features such as double opt-in which only allows users to communicate if they have both shown an interest in each other, Knockk is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off the Service.
This agreement (the ‘Agreement’) is entered by and between:
1) Knockk application represented by Benjamin Bouvier, 4 rue de la République, 69001 Lyon – France.
2) User of the Knockk application (hereinafter referred to as ‘You’ or ‘Your’ or ‘Yourself’).
If You are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a business organization, research institution or entity, you warrant that you are duly authorized to bind that entity to this Agreement.
Agreement between You and Knockk
The access to the Knockk application is granted to You subject to Your acceptance without restrictions or modification of the Agreement and the terms, conditions and notices contained therein.
The simple use by You of the Knockk application constitutes Your acceptance of the Agreement and the terms and conditions, and notices contained therein.
Links to third parties
You understand that Knockk uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and other technology required to run the service.
No unlawful or prohibited use
As a condition of Your use of the Knockk mobile application, You warrant to Knockk that You will not use the Knockk application for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
You may not use the Knockk application in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Knockk application or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of Knockk. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Knockk mobile application.
Personal data protection
Proper use of Knockk
You agree that by using the Knockk mobile application, You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with Knockk . By using the Knockk mobile application, You warrant that:
- You are a human, and not a computer service or automated ‘bot’,
- You are at least 16 years of age. If You are under age 16, You may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Knockk mobile application. Knockk may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Knockk service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time,
- You provide accurate and valid information requested during the registration process,
- You will use the Knockk service only for lawful purposes.
Notice to parents and guardians: Users are responsible for monitoring and supervising their child’s use of Knockk. If your child is using Knockk and is under age 16, please contact us immediately so that we can disable his or her access. If you have questions about the Knockk application service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree that by using the Knockk mobile application, You will not (and will not permit a third party to) (the following list is presented as example and is without limitation):
- Violate, or attempt to violate, the security of the Knockk mobile application,
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Knockk mobile application, use of the Knockk mobile application, or access to the Knockk application without the express written permission by Knockk,
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information. You represent and warrant that You have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the intellectual property rights granted herein to any content submitted.
Either a) take any action or b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content on or through the Knockk mobile application, including without limitation and use content, that:
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty,
- You know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate,
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, otherwise harms a third party, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion,
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (spamming),
- Contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Knockk or of any third party,
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any of our representatives,
- Includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
- Create a deceitful website or application to imply association with the Knockk mobile application,
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless specifically allowed by Knockk, or by its representative,
- Download any file posted by another user of Knockk that You know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner,
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Knockk mobile application,
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable,
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent,
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
You agree that you are responsible for Your own use of the Knockk mobile application, and for any consequences thereof.
Knockk has no obligation to monitor the Knockk’s feed. However, Knockk reserves the right to terminate Your access to any or all of the Knockk application services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Knockk does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found on the Knockk’s feed, and, therefore, Knockk specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Knockk’s feed and any actions resulting from Your participation in the Knockk’s feed.
Knockk is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the Knockk’s feed. The Knockk application may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. Knockk assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user communications. Knockk is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Knockk mobile application, including injury or damage to users or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from use of Knockk. The Knockk service is offered “as is” and Knockk does not guarantee that any specific results will come from using Knockk. Knockk is not liable to you or any third party for any direct or indirect damage or lost profit that can come from your usage of Knockk, even when Knockk has been notified of the possibility of such damage.
The information, software, products, and services included in or available through the Knockk application may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Knockk may make improvements and/or changes in the Knockk’s feed at any time. Advice received via Knockk should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and You should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to Your situation.
Knockk makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics contained on the Knockk’s feed for any purpose to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all such information, software, products, services and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind, without prejudice to those obligations resulting from the activities as the data processors. Knockk hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services and related graphics, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
Knockk reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate Your access to the Knockk application and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. In particular, Knockk reserves the right to terminate Your access to the Knockk application and the related services when You don’t comply with this Agreement.
You may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason by closing your Knockk account.
Knockk’s performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement is in derogation of Knockk’s obligation to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to Your use of the Knockk application or information provided to or gathered by Knockk with respect to such use.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the French laws and You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Marnaz, France, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Knockk mobile application.
Use of the Knockk application is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between You and Knockk as a result of this agreement or use of the Knockk mobile application.
If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Unless otherwise specified herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and Knockk with respect to the Knockk application and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and Knockk with respect to the Knockk mobile application.
A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this Agreement and all related documents shall be drawn up in English.
Privacy & personal data notices
You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services and provide us with any of your personal information. Knockk does not intentionally collect or process any personal information from children under 13 years of age.
In the event that we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without prior permission or parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Knockk retains all intellectual property rights in their respective services, content and Software.
You acknowledge that Knockk is licensed to you and that Knockk retains ownership of all right, title and interest to the Knockk mobile application, the Knockk design and documentation, and the intellectual property rights therein (including without limitation, all patent rights, design rights, copyrights and trade secret rights). You agree not to I) copy, modify, or reverse engineer Knockk’s hardware, software, or design, make derivative works based upon Knockk, or use Knockk to develop any services, without Knockk’s prior written approval or II) sell, license, rent, or transfer Knockk to any third party.
Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, this Agreement does not grant either Party any rights, implied or otherwise, to the other’s content or any of the other’s intellectual property.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, this Agreement does not grant either Party any rights, implied or otherwise, to the other’s content or any of the other’s trademarks.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Knockk, and any of the parties involved in Knockk, or their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to: (a) Your use of the Knockk mobile applicaton, (b) Your breach or alleged breach of any of the terms, restrictions, obligations or representations under this Agreement, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, Knockk or any party involved in Knockk will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.